Frequently asked questions.......

How do I apply?

Just complete our ‘Register Interest’ online form HERE and one of our friendly team will be in touch.

Can I apply if I am still completing my undergraduate degree?

Yes, just complete our ‘Register Interest’ online form HERE and one of our friendly team will be in touch.

What are the entry requirements for teacher training?

We have a quick quiz that will help you find your route and entry requirements, click HERE.

What can I do if my qualifications are not from the UK?

That’s not a problem. Applicants who have international qualifications for their GCSEs or undergraduate degree are required to obtain a statement of comparability via UK ENIC Home Page ( They are advised to obtain this prior to submitting their application.

How long does the training programme last?

We offer a one year or a two year option.

 Is the course full-time or part-time?

We offer both full time and part time options.

What phases and subjects do you offer?

We offer primary and secondary options. The secondary subjects we offer are Art & Design, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computing, Design and Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, History, Maths, Music, Modern Languages, Physical Education (+EBacc), Physics and Religious Education.

How is the course structured? 

Ambition - You will spend five days in school, half day off timetable to complete assessments.

University of Hertfordshire - You will spend one day a week at the University of Hertfordshire School of Education, Hatfield Campus and fours days in school.

Which placement school can I train in?

Depending on your location and school preference. We have 12 schools in our trust in and around Hertfordshire consisting of six primaries and six secondary schools. Please see our website for all our schools.

 How much does it cost to train with ‘Train to Teach’?

The Full time course is £9250 and the part time course is £1250. Bursaries are available for certain subjects and salaried positions are sometimes available. For funding information please click HERE.

Are there any payments I can receive while I am training?

Yes, there are government funded bursaries and scholarships available for certain subjects, for more information see HERE

How can I change my career and get into teaching?

Just take our quick quiz to find your route and then hit the button at the end of the quiz or contact us by registering your interest HERE.

Will I be expected to teach a class from day 1?

No - you will be with a mentor and in observed lessons, by the end of the course you will be independently teaching up to 16 hours per week .

If I have a specific question that is not addressed on our website, who can I contact?

Just fill in the register interest form HERE and one of our friendly team will get back to you.